Friday, July 2, 2010

The Brown Chair

Ever since we moved to our apartment, I've been looking for a brown chair for the family area. The kids taught me how to check craigslist, so I would check that every day several times. No luck. I went to the local Goodwill 2-3 times a week and even drove to the Maplewood store, no luck. Then yesterday I had dad and Pauline over for lunch. They brought several bags of stuff that I was not thrilled to get. Old linens, faded placemats, empty picture frames, old books. After they left I decided to bring it all to Goodwill. Somebody else would appreciate it! I dropped the stuff off, then decided to check the store. My gosh, there it was-the brown chair of my dreams! It was sturdy and the upholstery was in very good condition. I paid $16 dollars and it was mine! Now I understood why I had to graciously accept what I didn't want to get the chair that I did want. Nate helped me carry it up to the apartment and promptly sat down in it. He likes it almost as much as I do.

1 comment: